What is Sinusitis?
Sinusitis is when the sinuses and nasal passages behind the cheekbones and forehead become inflamed as a result of either a bacterial or viral infection, or even be caused by allergic reactions or other responses to environmental factors. This causes nasal congestion and thick nasal secretions. A person with Sinusitis may also have a headache, cough, fever or bad breath.
The sinuses are comprised of four major pairs of hollow air-filled-pockets around and behind the nose and eyes. They are connected to the space between the nostrils and the nasal passage.
The four major pairs of sinuses are the:
Frontal sinuses – located above the eyes in the forehead
Maxillary sinuses – located behind the cheek bones, one on each side of the nose
Ethmoid sinuses – located between the eyes, and
Sphenoid sinuses – smaller pockets located behind the eyes
The function of the sinuses is to assist the body in the fight against germs The sinuses are covered with a mucous layer and cells that contain tiny hairs projecting from their surfaces (cilia). The purpose of the cilia and mucous layer is to help move bacteria and pollutants (allergens into the respiratory tract to be expelled from the body.
When an infection or an allergen is present the pockets can become inflamed and swollen. When the lining of the sinuses are swollen this can interfere with the normal flow of mucous resulting in a build-up of mucus in the sinuses. This stagnant mucus pocket causes a sense of pressure in the air pockets, therefore becoming an ideal breeding ground for infection causing bacteria.
How can Salt Therapy help?
Salt Therapy has been clinically proven to:
Clear mucus from the airways and facilitate the return of normal mucociliary clearance from the sinuses,
- Have an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect in the respiratory system,
- Reduce bronchial hyper-responsiveness,
- Improve lung function, and
- Assist in the removal of inhaled pollutants and allergen from the lungs and airways.
Efficiency rate of Salt Therapy
In clinical trials improvements were reported by 85% of the patients with mild and moderate bronchial asthma, 75% with severe bronchial asthma, 98% with chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis after Salt Therapy. The patients were examined 6 and 12 months after the first Salt Therapy course.
Here are some of the many benefits you could discover after Salt Therapy treatments:
- Breathe easier after just a few sessions
- Alleviated symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Reduced dosage of prescription medications, sometimes eliminate the need to take medications altogether
- Reduced sensitivity to airborne triggers such as pollen and dust
- Prolong remission times
- Improved sense of wellness
- Improve general health and quality of life
Salt Serenity provides a 100% drug free therapy and does not recommend or suggest altering or stopping any prescribed medication by medical practitioners or specialised consultants unless the individual has been advised to do so by their medical practitioners or specialised consultants.
Salt therapy is not recommended/contraindicated for the following conditions:
- Any form & stages of tuberculosis
- Acute stage of respiratory diseases
- Chronic obstructive lung diseases with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
- Cardiac insufficiency & severe heart disorders
- Chronic kidney disease
RespiCare provides a 100% drug free therapy and does not recommend or suggest altering or stopping any prescribed medication by medical practitioners or specialised consultants unless the individual has been advised to do so by their medical practitioners or specialised consultants.
Salt Therapy at RespiCare – 100% NATURAL and DRUG FREE alternative!
If you have any enquiries or would like to come in for a consultation, please contact our friendly staff to find out what we can do for you.