What is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes which causes swelling of the lining of these breathing tubes, narrowing the tubes and promoting secretion of inflammatory fluid (sputum). Bronchitis can be diagnosed as Chronic or Acute.
Chronic Bronchitis (refer to COPD)
Chronic Bronchitis is a long term condition commonly associated with excessive smoking. It is defined as a daily cough with sputum production lasting for at least 3 months, two years in a row. As the airways become inflamed, this leads to narrowing and obstruction of the bronchi. The inflammation stimulates the production of more mucous (sputum). This combination of obstructed airways with mucus increases the risk of bacterial lung infections. Chronic bronchitis is a sign of serious lung disease and is generally considered one of the two forms of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Acute bronchitis is usually caused by an infection; this is usually a viral infection but can also be caused by a bacterial infection. The body often heals in about 2 weeks without complications, although the associated cough may persist longer. Acute bronchitis is generally more prevalent in winter and often follows a viral infection such as a cold or flu
How can Salt Therapy help
Salt Therapy has been clinically proven as an alternative, natural and 100% Drug free treatment to alleviate the symptoms of Chronic Bronchitis. Dry salt aerosol inhalation reduces inflammation of the airways, assists in the reduction of mucus and helps restore the body’s natural immune defenses.
Salt Therapy has been clinically proven to:
- Clear mucus from the airways and facilitate the return of normal mucociliary clearance from the sinuses,
- Has an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect in the respiratory system
- Reduce bronchial hyper-responsiveness,
- Improve lung function
- Assist in the removal of inhaled pollutants and allergen from the lungs and airways
In clinical trials improvements were reported by 85% of the patients with mild and moderate bronchial asthma, 75% with severe bronchial asthma, 98% with chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis after Salt Therapy. The patients were examined 6 and 12 months after the first Salt Therapy course.
Here are some of the many benefits you could discover after Salt Therapy treatments:
- Breathe easier after just a few sessions
- Alleviated symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Reduced dosage of prescription medications
- Reduced sensitivity to airborne triggers such as pollen and dust
- Prolong remission times
- Improved sense of wellness
- Improve general health and quality of life
Salt therapy is not recommended/contraindicated for the following conditions:
- Any form & stages of tuberculosis
- Acute stage of respiratory diseases
- Chronic obstructive lung diseases with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
- Cardiac insufficiency & severe heart disorders
- Chronic kidney disease
RespiCare provides a 100% drug free therapy and does not recommend or suggest altering or stopping any prescribed medication by medical practitioners or specialised consultants unless the individual has been advised to do so by their medical practitioners or specialised consultants.
Salt Therapy at RespiCare – 100% NATURAL and DRUG FREE alternative!
If you have any enquiries or would like to come in for a consultation, please contact our friendly staff to find out what we can do for you.