Atopic dermatitis is a chronic eczematous skin disease of varying types, who’s predisposition is inherited. Patients with atopic dermatitis have “super sensitive” skin and a decreased threshold for irritation. It is primarily suspected to be caused by a misguided immune response and presents itself as thickened, elevated plaques of scaling skin. In addition to which, dry skin is a very common complaint in almost all those afflicted with atopic dermatitis.
Although atopic dermatitis can occur in any age, most often it affects infants and young children. Occasionally, it may persist into adulthood or may rarely appear at that time. Some patients tend to have a protracted course with ups and downs. In most cases, there are periods of time when the disease is worse, called exacerbations or flares, which are followed by periods when the skin improves or clears up entirely.
Multiple factors can trigger or worsen atopic dermatitis, including low humidity, seasonal allergies, exposure to harsh soaps and detergents, and cold weather, emotional factors and stress may sometimes exacerbate the condition, and these factors can activate symptoms of atopic dermatitis at any time in the lives of individuals who have inherited the atopic disease trait.
Prevention of atopic dermatitis:
- In severe itching, the patient should be immersed in the bath for 20 minutes until the finger tips become pruned. To ease itching and soften the skin, some water emollients may be added to the bathing water. Some of these include oat-derived colloids or mineral or vegetable oils. For washing a sponge or terrycloth may be used that does not cause irritation or friction of the skin.
- The soaps used should be of an acidic pH. Harsh soaps tend to be alkaline. The soaps should be devoid of irritant substances and fragrance. Soaps cannot be avoided altogether since they also possess antibacterial property preventing infections. For this purpose soaps for sensitive skin is better.
- After bathing the skin should be dried carefully with soft towels and without rubbing, followed by application of emollients Luke liquid paraffin, coconut oil, aloevera which acts as a natural coolant and anti-inflammatory, etc is beneficial to relieve the symptoms.
- Clothing should be light and not tight fitting. There should be neither wool nor synthetic textile fibres, Preferably cotton. As loose clothes help in prevention of irritation and itching which aggravates the symptoms and helps in preventing moisture from being removed from skin layer.
- Avoidance of foods that trigger allergies also help keep flare ups at bay. Salt therapy is an alternative which helps develop strong immunity and prevent allergic reaction and helps you gain better resistance to Remission thus not affecting your daily activities.
- Emotions and stress may bring about flare ups by increasing itching and scratching. Management of stress helps cope better with atopic dermatitis.
SALT THERAPY ; a natural remedy for eczema
A study conducted by Polish doctor found that health of the workers in salt mines was much more enhanced compared to other people. In this study it was concluded that saline had properties which is key to eliminate toxins and impurities we come in contact with on a daily basis and improve overall health. Halo therapy is a mode of this therapy conducted in a controlled air medium that stimulates a natural salt cave microclimate generated by a special machine called halogenerator. The salt aerosols in the salt room consists of dry predefined mixture of untreated salt and specific minerals, these micro particles of salt penetrate into deep tissues and it’s anti-inflammatory, bacteriostatic, bactericidal, etc properties helps alleviate respiratory, dermatological conditions providing better quality of life naturally without medications or side-effects.
At RespiCare we believe in providing responsive and high quality care in a cost-effective manner. Our facility boasts of a state-of-the-art Natural, Side-effects free Halotherapy/Salt room Therapy from Europe, a first of its kind in Central and South India, At our centres after an initial orientation by our staff, you’ll be consulting our experienced Doctors who are available Full time at RespiCare centres during all sessions, to make an assessment of your condition and advise the necessary number of sessions according to its severity, furthermore you will be continuously monitored and evaluated during the ongoing therapy and maximum care will be provided by the associated staff members in helping you obtain the best treatment comfortably and achieve the desired results for each patient. In health condition pertaining to the respiratory tract an initial examination and assessment of the patient will be performed if required will be followed by a diagnostic test. After which each session will be personally designed and fine tuned to the requirements of that particular patient with benefits of duet counselling, selected yoga practises, guided meditation sessions and interval training to add a holistic approach to enrich your experience and faster recovery from your health condition.
Our efforts are to ensure and create an ambience to make you feel at home and avoid waiting and other hassles generally faced in health centres. And stepping in to respicare should be a step towards overcoming one of the deadliest enemies of health at present, Pollution. To present yourself and your loved ones the precious gift of health