Sinusitis is an infection or inflammation of the sinuses. It is caused by bacteria or virus. Sinus infection takes place when mucus accumulates in the sinuses. Sinusitis can also be caused by allergen present in the environment.Some of the symptoms associated with sinusitis are headache,stuffy nose and thick nasal secretions that are yellow,green, or blood tinged.
Other symptoms include breathing difficulty, fatigue and cough with many be severe at night.
Halotherapy (halo means salt in Greek) is the method of using salt aerosols in a specially constructed salt room which mimics salt mines in Scandinavian countries where naturally-occurring salt caves are present which is saturated with dry salt particles causing healing effects people with pulmonary and skin conditions.
saline had properties which is key to eliminate toxins and impurities we come in contact with on a daily basis and improve overall health. Halotherapy is a mode of this therapy conducted in a controlled air medium that stimulates a natural salt cave microclimate generated by a special machine called halogenerator. The salt aerosols in the salt room consists of dry predefined mixture of untreated salt and specific minerals, these microparticles of salt penetrate into deep tissues and it’s anti-inflammatory, bacteriostatic and bactericidalproperties helps alleviate respiratory conditions providing better quality of life naturally without medications or side-effects.
Therefore in case of sinusitis:
- Salt therapy can ease your sinus infection by opening the blockages in the sinus tract,which will remove the pain inducing vacuum effect the sinus.
- The salt particles reach inwards and draw out the fluid accelerating the pace of mucus clearance.
- It will reduce edema of the nasal blockage which in turn leads to widening of the passages in the nose and the tubes of the sinuses facilitating sinus drainage.
- Salt therapy also reduces infection by destroying bacteria.
- It will also help strengthen your immune system thus by eliminating the frequent sinusitis infections.