What is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic disease involving the airways in the lungs. These airways, or bronchial tubes, allow air to come in and out of the lungs.
If you have asthma your airways are always inflamed. They become even more swollen and the muscles around the airways can tighten when something triggers your symptoms. This makes it difficult for air to move in and out of the lungs, causing symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and/or chest tightness.
Three main factors that cause this narrowing of the airways are:
- The inside lining of the airways becomes red and swollen (inflamed)
- The muscle around the airway tightens
- Extra mucus may be produced
Main symptoms of asthma are:
- Wheezing – a high pitched raspy sound on breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in chest
These symptoms vary from person to person and from time to time, within the same person. Some people have all the symptoms, while others may only have a cough or wheeze.
Sometimes, asthma symptoms are mild and go away on their own or after minimal treatment with asthma medication. Other times, symptoms continue to get worse.
When symptoms get more intense and/or more symptoms occur, you are having an asthma attack. Asthma attacks are also called flare-ups or exacerbations.
How can Salt Therapy help?
During a salt therapy session, clients sit in a comfortable chair in one of our salt rooms for 1 Hour (one session), listening to relaxation music and breathing normally. Negatively ionised tiny salt particles enter the respiratory system reaching even the deepest part of the lung (alveoli).
Based on clinical studies, the dry, salt diffused air reduces inflammation in the whole respiratory tract; absorbing oedema (swelling) from the mucosal lining and widening the airway passages as well as unclogging blockages in the bronchi and bronchioles thus restoring normal transport of the mucus and rapid elimination of the residual tar and foreign allergens.
Salt Therapy is clinically proven to:
- Clear mucus from the airways thus removing airflow obstruction
- Enhance mucociliary clearance mechanism in both asthmatic and healthy subjects
- Balance airway-surface liquid
- Reduce bronchial hyper-responsiveness
- Improve lung functions
- Help clear unwanted inhaled particles from lungs
- Salt Therapy helps to treat all four major processes acting on the bronchi: inflammation, excessive mucus, spasm (broncho-spasm), and hyper-reactivity. For most people – after a course of salt therapy, airways become normal and symptoms disappear.
Benefits of Salt Therapy Treatments are:
- Breathe easier after just a few sessions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Decrease your dosage of prescription medications, or even stop taking medications altogether
- Better handle triggers that provoke respiratory illnesses Prolong remission times
- Feel revitalized
- Improve general health and quality of life
Salt therapy is not recommended/contraindicated for the following conditions:
- Any form & stages of tuberculosis
- Acute stage of respiratory diseases
- Chronic obstructive lung diseases with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
- Cardiac insufficiency & severe heart disorders
- Chronic kidney disease
RespiCare provides a 100% drug free therapy and does not recommend or suggest altering or stopping any prescribed medication by medical practitioners or specialised consultants unless the individual has been advised to do so by their medical practitioners or specialised consultants.
Salt Therapy at RespiCare – 100% NATURAL and DRUG FREE alternative!
If you have any enquiries or would like to come in for a consultation, please contact our friendly staff to find out what we can do for you.